Online sessions of CTI Symposium China 2020
Session two: 23 September 2020
China time: 4:00-5:00 p.m.（CET 10:00-11:00 a.m.）
Presentation language: Chinese
Prof. Dr CHEN Yong
Professor, Hebei University of Technology
Senior Chief Engineer, Geely Powertrain Research Institute
Dr. ZHANG Shemin
Technical Center, Dongfeng Motor Corporation
Challenges and Response of Transmission under Electrification Wave
- Electrification route analysis in LCA perspective
- Opportunities and challenges of transmission
- Dongfeng’s response strategy
1. Electrification route analysis in LCA perspective The concept of life cycle assessment（LCA); Research status and implementation plan of LCA at home and abroad Carbon emission of WLTC and LCA were analyzed based on DFTC model, the results show that HEV is competitive Conclusion: Based on China’s power structure, HEV should be developed on the basis of improving ICE thermal efficiency.
2. Opportunities and challenges of transmission Opportunities：Transmission may become the carrier and command platform of the hybrid drive system in HEV Challenges: How to balance performance and cost to meet the needs from different levels of HEV; Technical difficulties of hybrid transmission, including NVH, reliability, efficiency and comfort 3. Dongfeng’s response strategy Based on the research of DFTC hybrid transmission structure, a modular hybrid electric drive system is proposed to cover the needs of different platforms DFTC NVH and reliability development process, hybrid transmission development technology and product technology worth considering.
Based on Life Cycle Assessment idea and Chinese electricity structure, this presentation analysis and forecasts the real carbon emission of different electrification route. HEV DHT structure analysis covers almost all possible candidates and present a modular HEV DHT structure to cover different requirements of all vehicle platform with less development cycle and low cost. A full view analysis of new requirements and challenges for transmission with electrification is present, and possible method and technology is present.
Senior Product Development Director
New Energy Powertrain Development Department
Chang An New Energy Vehicle Technology Co., Ltd.
Research of key technology from eDrive transmission
- The importance of efficiency from eDrive transmission
- The key technology of efficiency from eDrive transmission
- Key technology break-through of eDrive transmission at Chang An
- Technology bottle neck of efficiency from eDrive transmission
Fuel consumption regulations, CAFC&NEV Credit and “Energy Consumption Limits for Electric Vehicles” standard have pushed the development of electric vehicle low energy consumption trend.
This article starting from national policy regulation requirements, industry trend, consumer and business demand, benefits, analysis the importance of eDrive transmission, taking efficiency theory as research foundation, energy losses during power transmission as research object. Together with simulation analysis and testing data, from transmission ratio, seal components, bearing, to lubrication, the internal factors and efficiency sensibility of eDrive transmission will be analyzed; from design differences of eDrive transmission, external environment temperature, the external factors and efficiency sensibility will be analyzed, which contributes to increase eDrive transmission engineering application. This article will also introduce the important technology break-through form Chang An NEV eDrive transmission. Combined with efficiency technology characteristics, market resources and project requirements, the technology bottle neck of eDrvie transmission will be analyzed.
As the world’s leading provider of lubricant solutions, Castrol commenced its China operation in 1989 and is now a key player in the premium lubricant market. In 1998, Castrol set up its first lubricant blending plant in Shenzhen Shekou. In 2010, Castrol opened its first China Technology Centre in Shanghai Pudong. With pioneering technical expertise and rich worldwide operation experience, Castrol is committed to meeting the diverse needs of customers in China.
Castrol is highly involved in sponsoring global pinnacle football and racing events. It sponsored the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa and 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, as well as the 2008 and 2012 European Championships. In the field of motorsport, Castrol EDGE is the designated oil for Audi, Ford, Honda and many more. It helped the teams and drivers achieve winning performance in top-level international racing events such as WRC and Dakar Rally. In 2017, BP Castrol worked with Renault to claim a strong return to F1. In addition to the fuel and lubricants supply by BP Castrol, it will also support the team’s ambition to lay claim to the F1 World Championship in the next five years.
For a long time, Castrol has been chosen as the partner and recommended brand of many of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers, such as Audi, Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo and Ford. Castrol collaborates closely with its partners to co-develop pioneering technologies, customize high-quality lubricants and is always committed to providing better products and service for Chinese consumers.
Castrol (Shanghai) Management Co., Ltd.
Floor 3, Building 5, No. 255 Guiqiao Road, Shanghai, China
L. Gore & Associates is a global materials science company dedicated to transforming industries and improving lives. Since 1958, Gore has solved complex technical challenges in demanding environments — from outer space to the world’s highest peaks to the inner workings of the human body. With more than 10,500 Associates and a strong, team-oriented culture, Gore generates annual revenues of $3.7 billion.
To take part in this online session, please fill out this following form